Thursday, October 27, 2016

In Which Bulletgirl Actually Turns in a Decent Job Performance


Hey, gang!

Thanks for bearing with me.  As always, I just find myself coming and going depending on how life goes and I'm sorry about that.  Thanks as always for bearing with me, now and in the future.

Now let's look at Master Comics #37!


Again, what a pretty cover!  Inside, we meet the rudest mailman ever:


Well, since you called her "old lady," she would be well within her bounds to give you directions to the nearest sensitivity training.

But it doesn't end there:


Wow... can I just get my mail without all the judgment?


Well, credit to him for actually delivering the mail.  That's more than my mailman often does.... especially on weekends.

Anyway, the letter calls Freddy to go visit someone but the quality of the fiche is such that I can't be bothered to read it.  So, for whatever reason he goes there just in time to see this:



WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?


Kick his ass, Freddy! 


THANK you.


That was kinda funny.  Like there are rules to this: I shot you! You're dead!  You have to fall down now!

Long story short, the Nazis get theirs in this rather crowded panel:


Not that I could do any better.

On to the Bulletman story, where Bulletgirl is not only uncharacteristically effective but rather witty as well:



That was pretty good, considering the source.  But then this happens:


So, Bulletman can shrug off bullets, but a book thrown at him knocks him off his pins.  Okie-dokie.  COMICS, kids!




Did Bulletgirl just take out the bad guy?  She totally did.

What a weird issue.  I'm not sure how to process it all.

See you soon!  And thanks!

1 comment:

Cflmaior said...

Welcome back, Adam, we hope all the best for you and yours !
Seeing panel #13, one can see that this comic rationale found its way into the TV series of Superman (1952-1958): the hero stood his ground unblinkingly against bullets, but dodged the snubby thrown at him when the bad guy ran out of ammo.