Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Superman / Van Halen Crossover... and I Apologize for It.

Okay, I'm not terribly proud of this, but I have to follow the set-ups I'm given:


Moon Flower, the teacher in the "classroom" that Superman finds attractive.

All I can do is apologize.  But I'm violating the rules of the Internet if I don't follow through:



Again.... so sorry.  Action Comics #401 was really to blame for that one.

Looking at Action #409, here's an interesting bit of trivia:



So, Superman doesn't actually need to sleep in the physical sense, but he has to dream.  It's interesting as a footnote, but I'm not aware of this particular "weakness" ever surfacing again in any stories.  So, it's just one of those "how about that?" things that really doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot.  But just in case you didn't know, Superman does have to sleep.

Action quit running new Legion of Super-Heroes stories fairly quickly, which was disappointing.  But here's a great moment from the Teen Titans reprint: 




That.  Is.  AWESOME.

My favorite part is where Davey's dad identifies himself and describes what he's doing in such a clunky fashion.  I picture it at the breakfast table:  "Davey!  This is your Dad, pouring syrup on your waffles!"   Davey must be one emotionally fragile kid who probably shouldn't be in competitive sports.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: