Monday, June 9, 2014

Superman NSFW = SUPERNSFW!

Did I tell you that I cancelled cable?  Between digital antennas and Hulu Plus, I'm not missing it a bit.  It was very satisfying to tell our former cable provider that we didn't need their rate hikes and paying for channels I don't watch.  Hulu Plus is awesome.  Nope, I'm not getting anything from them for saying it.  It's just hard not to love a service that gives me all the television I can handle for 10% of what cable was costing me every month.

Anyway, let's check out Action Comics #333, which is already worth doing because I saw this:


Yeah!

And then it gave me this:



You know what they say, Clark... There are no accidents!

But what I really loved was this little dandy right here:


When I was a child, you never wanted to give Adam anything that he could use for a gag.  Yes, long before I was a teenager, I found it hilarious to take things out of context, which led to the high-paying humor blog you are enjoying even as we speak.

So, with all apologies to Mr. Curtis Swan, I give you a Fun with Out of Context Artwork  Sequence (tm!):








The sad thing is, I was going to write about how I wasn't really proud of doing that, but if I'm going to be 100% candid with you, my beloved nerdlingers, I have to admit:  I'm actually rather proud of that.  It's pride mixed with a healthy dollop of shame, mind you... but my inner child is cackling with glee at the filthy connotations of what I have done, so I must admit that I feel precious little remorse.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superman: Game Face or O Face? You decide :)

Anonymous said...

This REALLY funny.

dcsez said...

Hilarious! And the wink in the end is creepy. It's like he knew we were watching the whole time...