Friday, February 7, 2014

InAction Comics!

I was taking a look at Action Comics #225, featuring "The Death of Superman."  I wish they wouldn't get my hopes up.

I keed, I keed.  Sorta.


Intel Inside! (tm!)

Anyway, the gist of the story is that Superman had been killed in action years before, but Superham had the foresight to build a robot that would come along and take over should Superham meet his Superdoom.  I'm a little afraid to put the plot online because I can see the basis for next summer's DC crossover event when everyone turns out to be a robot.

Anyhoo, 

Suddenly! (tm!)


Worst. Bachelor Party. Ever.

Action Comics!:


YEAH!  ACTION COMICS!

So, the robot gets blown up (you knew it was coming)....


... and Jimmy keeps the severed head on his desk as a souvenir.  I realize we're talking about a robot, but that strikes me as more than a bit unsettling.  Perhaps we should look at a robot fighting a giant man-eating plant: 


It appears to be a week for man-eating plants at CMNS.  Things just work out that way sometimes.

See you Monday!

1 comment:

Gene Phillips said...

Believe it or not, that's not the first time I've seen a man-eating plant that had an eye growing out of its neck.