Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Possibly One of the Greatest Comic Stories in the History of Four-Color Printing

Possibly one of the greatest stories in the history of comics came about as I was finishing up Startling Comics #38:



Indeed.  Whoever could it be?



LAND OCTOPUSES!

And yes, I totally Googled it to make sure I was using the correct form of the word for "more than one octopus."

That particular scene reminded me of the old "Landshark" bit on Saturday Night Live.  But, as is often the case, comics did it first.

YEAH!  LAND OCTOPUSES!


You can't get enough land octopuses.

Meanwhile, let's calm ourselves down with another installment of Well... Touche! (tm!)


Well... Touche! (tm!)

And let's finish up with one of my own favorite features:  GAH! (tm!)


Yes, I totally consume these things all the time because they taste just like candy, and you should as well.  Just ignore that "keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children" warning because that's just for kids who aren't cool enough to use cough drops when they don't really need them.  All the really cool kids take them until they have running diarrhea.

GAH! (tm!)

Seriously, kids.  The Smith Brothers website even says cough drops are drugs and kinds shouldn't get unfettered access to 'em.  Don't do that.  See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

The Tree Monster said...

I think you just had a PSA moment with the cough drops there... and the octopuses [plural]

Unknown said...

Octopodes would also be acceptable (if you're feeling particularly pedantic).

MarvelX42 said...

How has SyFy not done "Attack of the Land Otopuses!" yet?

Adam Barnett said...

Even "Octopi" works unless you're being super-technical.

Smurfswacker said...

I shamefacedly confess that I occasionally used Smith Brothers cough drops as candy. There'd be a few left over after a cold, and they tasted--well, you know.

The upside of this is that when the Land Octupusses struck, they didn't like the menthol smell and passed me by.