Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flash! Crackle! Pop!

Before we get into the fun and games, I thought you might be interested in a project put out by a company called VODO.  From what I can tell, they get various creative projects together and bundle them.  What caught my eye in this case is that their "Big Brother" bundle includes a couple of graphic novels, The Homeland Directive and Subatomic.

The projects in this bundle focus on the theme of individual privacy, and the steps governments and corporations take to see how they can invade it.  Regardless of where you might fall on this issue, the concept of tying in video games, films, graphic novels and music around a central theme is a noteworthy endeavor, and they certainly picked a thought-provoking topic.

In the interests of full disclosure, I was given a complementary code to check out these materials.  The site runs on a "pay what you want" model, but paying what you want will only get you so much of the goods.  But even the most casual contributor will get the Subatomic graphic novel as well as the music EP, one of the films, and a Steam copy of the classic I Have No Mouth Yet I Must Scream.

I'm also a fan of the fact that 70% of the money raised goes to the content providers and 5% goes to the nonprofit group, Fight for the Future.  So, go check it out.  I'll be watching VODO for future bundles that put graphic novels proudly alongside other forms of expression.

Now, back to the panels!  Today, let's check out Startling Comics #25!


Okay, I'm no electrical engineer, but I'm pretty sure that the lady floating there in the water with the other two guys getting enough electricity to kill them would probably be floating belly-up herself.

I'm not kidding.  Even more disturbing, these guys were wearing insulated suits to shield themselves from Pyroman's electrical attacks.  She was not:


Yeah, I'm pretty sure she should have been on the losing end of that whole arrangement.

Meanwhile, let's start a new meme.  I'm going to call it...

PSYCHE! (tm!)


YOU STILL ARE A GONER!  THE FIGHTING YANK CAN'T FLY!  HE'S ONLY INVULNERABLE AND REALLY STRONG, WHICH MEANS HE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO IS GOING TO WALK AWAY WHEN YOU KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENT WITH THE GROUND DOWN BELOW!

I KNOW, HE'S ACTING LIKE HE CAN FLY!  BUT HE CAN'T!  NOT EVERY CAPED HERO CAN FLY!  HE'S JUST GIVING YOU FALSE HOPE!  SO.... PSYCHE! (tm!)

Finally....


That's right.  Don Davis, Espionage Ace is cracking down!  Waterboarding is nothing compared to having a sit-down conversation with Don Davis, Espionage Ace.  And HEAVEN HELP YOU if you don't offer him a refreshing beverage! HEAVEN HELP YOU!



See you tomorrow!

No comments: