Monday, October 14, 2013

Four Fearless American Boys Hitting the Highroad of Adventure!

Going through some tough times at work, but maybe a look at Pep Comics #18 will cheer me up:


I've talked about the Four Comrades before (which is an interesting name considering "Comrade" is something that we think Russians always say), but I don't think I've done proper justice to their choices in hatwear.


Okay, first?  I didn't realize this before, but I think Black Satan actually had horns.  I thought it was a hairstyle, but I'm thinking he has horns in his head.  How/why does he have horns in his head?

And second, is that child wearing a codpiece?

As you can see, that panel is really disturbing.  Let's watch Captain Future fighting a giant mutated lizard:


That's better.

And now, for the third time, I give you...

Gah! (tm!)



GAH! (tm!)

This should go without saying, but don't startle an armed criminal with bubble gum, kids.  How on earth did previous generations survived long enough to produce children is become more and more of a head-scratcher.

2 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

It looks like Captain Future is going to be made into a live action 3D film. http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2010/03/16/Excl-Pandorums-Christian-Alvart-talks-CAPTAIN-FUTURE-adaptation

Adam Barnett said...

Oh, man... that will either be the best or worst thing ever.