Friday, September 27, 2013

Superman vs. the Roomba


So the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series debuted to very strong ratings, tying for first in its time slot.  I haven't seen it yet... I've taped it.  Yes, I am part of the one family left in civilization who actually uses a VCR.  And I'm so far behind in my TV watching that it will literally be around Christmas before I actually see the first episode. I kid you not - we're watching stuff I recorded in May right now.

Anyway, check it out:


Doc Strange?  Have you got a minute?

Sure, Terror.  What's up?

I'm reading this comic and... do you see this?

Is that a picture of us reading this comic... on the comic?  Hey, Yank!  C'mere!

I'm not talking to you guys.  You're just going to say, "We've got a job for you, Yank," and then make obscene hand gestures.

No, seriously... look at this!

Hey... is that the three of us in the comic reading the comic?

I know, right?

Gentlemen... my mind is blown.  Hey, do I really look that stupid in this hat?



Enough of that.  Meanwhile:


I appreciate your youthful enthusiasm, Tim... but you may want to tone it down just a scontch.

Check out the premise for the Superman story from Action Comics #167:



You can't prove I'm operating the machines, Superman!  I've stumped you!

Actually, if he's disavowing any ownership or control of the machines, I presume Superham did the logical thing and felt free to smash them into little tiny pieces.  Crisis averted, story boring.  NEXT!

Oh, for the love of...


Tim, I really think you should cool it and be more care...


DANG it, Tim!  What did I just say?

See you Monday!

6 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

That is weird. I was thinking the other day that one of your catch phrase dealys should be "What did I just say?" TM KnowhatImean?

Adam Barnett said...

I think you're right, Marv. I do say that a lot on this blog :-)

Buzz said...

That would make an awesome catch phrase. Or meme or whatever.

In other news, a grown man and a boy "stripping down" into muscle showing black body suits, and the boy yelling "yippie!"... I'm starting to see where all that anti comics opinion came from.

Adam Barnett said...

Yeah, the Golden Age books in particular made a lot of references to the men and their "young friends" stripping down. It does kinda make you wonder...

Buzz said...

Wow, yeah, it certainly does.

I have noticed that kind of thing a lot more since I started reading your blog. It's pretty weird.

I'm seeing a lot of things about comics I never saw before, even though I've been reading them all my life. Not only is your blog hilarious, it is also making me see comics from a different angle.

Thanks!

Adam Barnett said...

Thank YOU, Vince!