Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Professor Harper, Where's Your Hat? And Has Your Hair Always Been Green?

When you do a blog like this, and a greater contribution to civilization you'll be hard-pressed to find, you sometimes have to make a judgment call.

For instance, as I perused the 13th issue of the Golden Age Phantom Lady, I came upon this:


That's a pretty durn good example of a Random Sucker Punch (tm!) if ever there was one.  But I might have been able to pull off a Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!) if I took out the artwork.  Then again, because of the expression on her face and the... ahem... moaning that she's doing, we might take the dialog out, call it Fun with Out of Context Artwork (tm!) and imply that Sandra likes to be treated... er... roughly by the men in her life.

It's an awesome responsibility, to be sure.  The world owes me a debt it can never possibly hope to repay.

And hey!  It's time for still more Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)


And here's an interesting example of how Disembodied Floating Heads (tm!) can peacefully live among folks with bodies:


And no, I've no idea if they misspelled the way that guy said "please" or if it's supposed to be a phonetic thing.  And the guy on the right appears to have a legitimate speech impediment, so we're just going to give him a pass.

More Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!):


Yeah... leave us alone for a few minutes... I want to... study her more closely.

And then I saw this:


So, there's one lasso covering about 9 square inches of floor.  There is no way that that will ever...


Oh, eeesh.  The only other time I've seen that work was... well, let's just say Bugs Bunny was the protagonist.


Sorry my attire isn't up to your standards, your majesty.  But at least I didn't put my foot in a lasso.

Okay, I'm being a little harsh there.  Sandra can't help it.  Everyone that grew up in the 1980's knows that...

... oh, who am I kidding?

You knew it was coming:


Keep in mind that the Phantom Lady only had one thing in her arsenal: The black light ray that would blind her adversaries.

That's it.  She went into combat with only one weapon.  

So, you'd think...


Seriously?  She dropped it?

This isn't something Phantom Lady could afford to do.  It's not like she was Batman, who could lose every gadget he had and still beat your face into hummus.... while eating a bowl of hummus.


Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, either.  Frankly, I'm surprised she lasted that long.

Let's finish with a CMNS Moment of Comic Book Greatness (tm!):


This has been a CMNS Moment of Comic Book Greatness! (tm!)

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Mike Reeves-McMillan said...

Well, the good news is that that embedded video didn't break the RSS feed entirely.

The video still didn't come through in the feed, but the material after it did. So there's that.

MarvelX42 said...

The videos work fine for me.