Monday, August 12, 2013

Blogging About Blogging Is a Sin

You'd think it would just be all kinds of easy to crank out this blog on a regular basis, but I actually have to go through at least a couple of comics a day just to find panels that make me pause.  It's not a very exciting process and the pickings are hit-or-miss.  I mean, it's not like they meant to give me things to make fun of when they put out these comics.

And sometimes, I just read something and I'm not 100% sure why it's blog-worthy, but I just know it is.

Like this one from America's Best Comics #22:


There's something really creepy about what Tim is saying there.  It's almost like Bob has shown off his "knot-knowledge" before and....

... well, I'm sure I'm just over-thinking it.  But I'm growing increasingly suspicious of Bob and Tim's relationship.

Here's some dialog that... well, I just don't understand it.


I've heard the expression "If you know what I mean," of course.  But I "Googled" simply "What I mean," and I'm finding nothing.  Again, I'm not saying it's funny, but I just wonder if the officer is intoxicated and speaking in incomplete sentences.

And then there are moments that... 

... well, just follow along, won't you?

From Golden Age Phantom Lady #16:



Okay, arms tied behind back.

And trust me, there's a point to this.


Okay, out the window... and arms still tied behind back.


Falling down... and arms tied behind back.

Lands through skylight... and GREAT GOLLYWOBBLES! 



Her hands are tied behind her back and they went that far up?  She's either one heck of a contortionist or both of her arms were just wrenched right out of their sockets.  I may not be giving the Golden Age Phantom Lady enough props, because she can clearly take some pain.

Going back to America's Best Comics # 22, here's an item that also kind of threw me off:



A forest fire lamp?  Really?  Who wants to decorate their house with simulated natural disasters?  Yes, your friends will "gasp with wonder," mostly because they'll want to know what kind of sicko gets his jollies staring at forest fires.  

Here's what it looked like in action:



And, of course, that video made it even more creepy.  That's what happens when you have something that's creepy and you try to show that it really isn't creepy... the creepiness increases exponentially.  It's like trying to convince a girl you aren't a creep after she already suspects that's the case.  You might as well just pack it in.  Pay attention, young men... this is good advice here.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Why would you use a running bowline to tie someone up? Surely a simple reef knot would have been more effective.

OrigamiGirl said...

Yup, that lamp is utterly creepy. I would wonder for the sanity of the designer there.

dcsez said...

In my opinion, the writers were too lenient with the phantom lady. there should a law that if you are dumb enough to fall for two panels- you should be dead. I know I am being harsh, but the lady is sullying the name of my favorite hero- The Phantom :(