Friday, May 3, 2013

The Weiner Goes "Splutt," and Yet It's Safe for Work!


Sorry for the missed posts this week, gang.  Some weeks are just too chaotic and the days get away from me.  I saw Fleetwood Mac last night, and they were amazing.  You can have your auto-tuned, over-produced, drum machine-laden popular music of today.  Until you hear a real rock band play, it's just ear sugar.

But today's post is totally worth the wait.  Why?

Because of this CMNS Moment of Comic Book Greatness (tm!) ! :




Wow.  I don't know if we'll ever top that one.  Thanks, All-Flash Quarterly #26!

Everything that's old is new again, as seen in Adventures in Space #37:


Wait for it... wait for it...




Yeah, you've got to give them a credit card number before you get to the good stuff.

Not that I would personally know this.

Shut up.

Here's a funky contest from Adventures in Space #38:



I looked in up, and a "cyclopedia" is just an encyclopedia.  Ask your grandparents what that was.

Meanwhile, the contest didn't make a lot of sense.  Who was Bar-Zim?  The Interwebs tell us very little about this board game publisher, so I'm not sure why we're putting occupations after the name of the company.  were they fishing for a potential mascot?  I probably would have written Bar-Zim, the Gigolo, because that's just the kind of kid I was.

See you Monday!



2 comments:

Railbus said...

Fleetwood Mac vs. getting a post out on time. It sounds to me like you got your priorities straight. We can always afford to chill from time to time....l

Buzz said...

I don't think I knew what a gigolo was until David Lee Roth put out that cover...

I probably would have written "Bar-Zim the Cowboy Wizard from Ghost Land" because I was the type of kid who took that fantasy stuff very seriously...

I wish I could say that I would have written something like "Bar-Zim the Fart Face" or something, but it probably wouldn't have even occurred to me...

I'm glad you got to see Fleetwood Mac live. Awesome!!