Thursday, April 25, 2013

BAW! I Ain't Got No Nose!


Well, I thought we were finished with All-Flash Quarterly #25, but when the last story is, well....


Yes, it's about a mermaid who brings gold furniture out of the ocean for Winky, Blinky and Noddy.  How could I not immortalize that one for the ages?

She's apparently also insanely strong, able to balance a couch on top of a single cushion of some sorts, and is able to walk on that fish tail thing of hers.

In short, she may well be the greatest character in the history of the medium.

But she's not the goofiest thing in the story, though.  This is:




Okay?  Now watch what he does.



And yes, I totally see the "giving him a hummer" joke there, but we're taking the high road today.  Work with me, people!

The end result?  He rubs the guys nose clean off his face:


And just in case you're thinking that it's just a detail lost in the distance, we have a confirmation:



And two panels later, it's back.  For no particular reason:


Okay, what just happened there?  Did he rub the guy's nose off his face?  If so, wouldn't it have re-formed?  Hmmmm... I'm going to consult with an ENT doctor and find out.

You think I'm kidding.  I'm totally not.  Just watch me.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting piece of history:



Yes, from 1933 to 1975, it was illegal to own big hunks of gold like that.  Apparently, everyone was hoarding gold and it was stalling economic growth (something needed even more back then than it is now).  You could do up to ten years in the slam.


That tickled me.  Ha! Ha!  You can't fool me!


Yup.  That was Federal time you were looking at.  

Like I said, President Ford put a stop to that effective January 1st, 1975.  You still can't use gold as money in a contract, but you can stockpile all of it that you can't get your grubby little mitts on.

Or, if you're uncomfortable about it, feel free to mail it to me.

See you tomorrow!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the Flash vibrated the guy's nose so fast that it temporarily shifted into another dimension and then, when it slowed down, it came back.

MarvelX42 said...

I think it is a thing like a fans blades can't be seen when they are moving very fast, but can be seen when going very slow or not at all, same thing with the guys nose. Problem is that this would break a guys nose and the whole thing is just ridiculous anyways.

Yael said...

Yeah, I think it's kinda like what Mr. X42 said - they specifically say the nose vibrated until it *turned invisible*, so presumably it was still there.
It's still pretty ridiculous, though.