Monday, March 4, 2013

Respect Me as a Woman Whilst I Waggle My Butt in Your Face!


Today's bit of Monday merriment was brought to you courtesy of Amazing Spider-Man #273.  We're right in the middle of the oft-and-justifiably-so maligned Secret Wars II, which I just can't seem to force myself to read again.


Why?  I dunno.... because they're a CULT?!


Mary Jane Watson...


... likes to be bossed around.  Pay attention, Pete!

Now, I'm not a prude...


but is that really appropriate attire for a home improvement project?

And yes, I'm talking about Mary Jane.


Yes, I brought you this kimono from Japan so you could have an alternative to painting Peter's apartment while dressed as a prostitute.

We have fun around here, oh we do.

See you tomorrow!


7 comments:

Yael said...

In addition to the ridiculous clothes, the pose she's standing in seems to be rather impossible (and definitely not safe to use on a ladder). Mind if I share that picture with the Escher Girls blog?

Michael said...

Those appear to be suspenders, what exactly are they holding up?

D.B. Echo said...

Mary Jane was so ahead of her time. She's wearing a T-shirt under one of those nanoscopic swimsuits from Japan that consists of a G-string with quarter-inch-wide suspenders to provide coverage to the chestular region.

When it comes to painting, cleaning with bleach, or other household chores that involve stuff that is more damaging to clothing than to skin, the rule is the less clothing worn, the less that can be ruined. You wouldn't want to see me when I have to mop my basement with bleach after the occasional flood. I DO wear boots...

Adam Barnett said...

Feel free, Yael! I noticed that, although D.B.'s argument is sound, that she seemed to be more interested in putting her butt in Pete's face than doing any actual painting...

Buzz said...

I think I vaguely remember that panel from childhood. It's funny that we grew up with weird in your face gratuitous sexiness like that. I wonder if that kind of thing warped me beyond repair...?

Or maybe all I need is a few coats of paint and a bulldozer?

And it just occurred to me, with the look on Pete's face as he is saying that, I am now totally seeing that comment in a different light!!

MarvelX42 said...

Isn't she supposed to be wearing leggings in that panel? Was it maybe just a coloring mistake? Are there other panels of her in the same outfit (that show her legs) for reference purposes? Or maybe she was trying to give Pete a not so subtle hint that she was in the mood for something besides painting?

Adam Barnett said...

There were indeed other panels, Marv... no leggings, although the butt-hugging trunks she's wearing became slightly more modest shorts.