Thursday, November 1, 2012

Watch Out for the Dicks! And the Bulls! And Arm Your Children!


So check out the cover to Pep Comics #2 and tell me we aren't in for some good times:


Yowza!  Shooting, dissolving and entombing your foes all at once?  Why did anyone ever ef with the Shield?

I don't even get past the inside cover before I see this:


Yes, a "blank cartridge pistol," and if you can't read the tiny print it says "FINE FOR PROTECTION."

I live in Oklahoma.  We've had Concealed Carry for years and we're about to go to Open Carry.  I can say, with little reservation, that a blank pistol incapable of firing anything is ANTI-FINE FOR PROTECTION.  Nothing will get you killed quicker than brandishing an imitation weapon.

And isn't this comic meant for little kids?  This is really messed up. And it's so cheap!  For the cost of five comics, I could have had an imitation firearm?  Sold to ten year-old Adam!

Hey!  It's time for Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm)! courtesy of Butch McLobster:


I'm going to send this one to Bully and see if he puts it on his blog.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

Let's see, if we account for inflation, an average price for a comic nowadays is like abouts $4, so 5 times 4 is 20, so the "Blank Cartridge Pistol" woulda cost about the equivalent of like $20 in todays money? Am I figurin wrong? Maths is not me strong suit. Anyways $20 is a chunka change if you are just a little kid and havin ta beg it offa your ma and pa.