Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cutting a Rug in True Jitterbug Fashion Wednesday!

So I'm plowing through All-Flash Quarterly #4, and I've got to tell you, there is a very racist comic strip in there.  I'd put it on just so we can be disgusted by it, but I think it's the sort of thing that we shouldn't dignify by re-publishing the insult.  They probably should have stuck with "The Inkling Kid," who, despite his assurances, never made another appearance in Flash Comics as far as I know.  

Anyway, let's expand a little on the story now that we've had our Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!)... Recreational Pharmaceuticals Edition giggles: The pills were... and I kid you not, a way to time travel.  There was an explanation printed, but I'm not sure the human body can ingest enough mind-altering substances to get it to make sense.  You've got to give writer Gardner Fox kudos for trying to up the credibility, though.

And here, we find out why you can transport things from the past when you take these pills...


I love the end: Of course, this would not apply to anything as large as a boat... Well, of course it wouldn't!  That would just be silly!

And this story is all about the awesome.  Cue Cleopatra dancing the Jitterbug!:


Now, you just know some kid took this "history tells us" line as gospel and tried to pass it off as a fact in school.  I got burned once that way.  I spelled "shop" using the variation "shoppe" and got counted off on a spelling test.

Of course, I was correct and unjustly penalized for going "old school."  This was the genesis for my distrust of the wisdom and sense of fair play among those in authority.  

Anyhoo, even the Flash recognizes how awesome a moment this was...



I don't know that I'd take it that far, but I do love the term "hep-cats."  I've been known to use it myself.

So, teaching Cleopatra to Jitterbug is indeed a MOMENT OF COMIC BOOK GREATNESS! (tm!)

And let's wrap it up with Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


Yeah, it's not as funny when you know what the pills are really for, but it's still pretty dang good.

See you tomorrow!



1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

Yes. I had my say on the pills yesterday. You see when you post this stuff I actually go and do research. Go check out what I said for the last few days. Anyways Thanks Ulysses.