Friday, May 21, 2010

Cross-Dressing Phallic Spaceship Friday!

With a title like Crack Comics, you have no idea what you're going to get. Believe me, I had no idea, or I might have had enough sense not to read the things.

After suffering through the Black Condor, you may find yourself reading:


Nope. Not the Legion of Super-Heroes. The Space Legion. With Rock Braddon. Sailing through space in their phallic-shaped star cruiser.....


But the real "so bad it borders on awesome" entry goes to:


Yes, Madam Fatal is a dude who fights crime by dressing up as an old lady.

Naturally, bad guys got the same idea. Or maybe there were just some guys out there who liked wearing dresses and support hose. I don't judge, I only report:


I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm sure it speaks volumes that he refers to Madam Fatal as if s/he were a completely separate person. Again, I'm not judging here, but you can't help but notice these things.

Obviously, such a premise would be a little light on the action side, but you have to admit....


.... there's just something kind of enjoyable in the sheer wrongness of it all in seeing evildoers getting their comeuppance by a geriatric transvestite. I just can't help but think that someone is going to do a Madam Fatal revival and it's going to seethe of kickassery.

See you Monday!

5 comments:

Aurora Moon said...

I have to admit, the idea of a Madam Fatal does appeal to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing a revival of that. :p

Britt Reid said...

Why am I picturing Anthony Perkins as Madam Fatal? ;-)

And if you want a phallic-themed rocket...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2444/3701573926_6d6c029f0f.jpg

D.B. Echo said...

I want to read Alan Moore's Madam Fatal!

I like the way he stays in character after the cops show up. And those earrings just add a certain something to the last panel.

LissBirds said...

Norman Bates, superhero? That could be interesting.

This has got to be the weirdest things I've ever seen in comicdom...you never cease to amaze me, Adam.

tike mik said...

A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. discounted insulin