Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fun with Words Tuesday!

Is everyone watching The Big Bang Theory? I got on board late, but it's quickly becoming my favorite sit-com. Every comic book fan should be watching that one.

More gems from All-Select Comics #11:


Louise.... has self-esteem issues.
___________________________________


If I collected stamps (which I tried once as a child, but found quite dull), I would prefer the term "stamp collector." There are some words you just don't want your name attached to, no matter how harmless they may be. If someone said, "That Adam Barnett is quite the philatelist," you'd probably never let me near your children again.
_______________________________

Some of that classic Golden Age dialog:


And it still reads better than Infinite Crisis.

3 comments:

Dave said...

"Reading better than Infinite Crisis" is a pretty low bar to clear.

SallyP said...

"Ulp" is such a nice descriptive word.

Sea-of-Green said...

I always liked "GOLLY" myself.