Friday, August 29, 2008

Corporal-Punishin', Primate-Smackin', Ninja-Trainin', and Big-Pimpin Friday!


Sounds good to me, Daredevil! We're on the cusp of the Labor Day weekend, so no more posts until Tuesday. If it's any comfort, I'll actually be busier than I want to be. Then again, having to get out of my chair at all is generally busier than I want to be.

One of my favorite panels from a reprint found in the 100-page Superboy & LSH v1, #208:


I had no idea you could beat your child with a hairbrush just for being stupid. That's awesome!

The capitol of Kansas is Kansas City, Daddy!

Whappitywhappitywhappitywhappity.....

___________________________________

Also from Superboy & LSH v1, #208:


I kid you not - I had no sooner scanned this ad for the series that (to my knowledge) didn't see the light of day when I saw in a recent comic that it's going to be released as a hardback. For, some reason, this makes it less cool.

Although fighting with primates of any kind is always somewhat cool. Nothing spruces up a dull story like fighting monkeys....

unless you're fighting monkeys who are wearing loincloths. Then you're just blowin' our minds, man!
_____________________________________

From Superboy & LSH v.1 #210:


Sure, they can teach me how to disarm five heavily-armed assassins at once with my bare hands, or teach me to disappear into thin air right before the eyes of my befuddled adversaries.....


...... but will they teach me where I can get Karate Kid's badass hat?

Stay safe and I'll see you Tuesday!

8 comments:

Aaron Carine said...

Don Markstein's Toonopedia says that the 1975 Tor series did see the light of day,but that all but one of the six issues were reprints.

D.B. Echo said...

"...and you damned kids stay the hell off my lawn! Whaddya think, I'm BLIND?"

Sleestak said...

I thought Lana was going to get spanked with a magnifying glass. Extra silver age kink.

SallyP said...

I thought it was a magnifying glass too, at first glance!

Daredevil is just bitter because he wants to watch Kojak...and he can't. He's stuck hanging around with the Black Widow. Poor Daredevil.

Aaron Carine said...

And Karate Kid is now a pimp,it seems.

Anonymous said...

And I hope you get extra spankings for not knowing the difference between "capital" (a city) and "capitol" (a building).

Sorry for nitpicking, it's one of my top ten pet peeves.

Anonymous said...

Lana's what, 17 in this issue? These day's they'd have DSS on Mr. Lang so fast his head would spin. Speaking of that, while Lana was being spanked, did Clark watch with his x-ray vision?

With apologies to Monty Python


DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Lana! Oh, she is a naughty
person, and she must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Smallville, we have but one punishment for trying to prove Clark Kent is Superboy -- You must tie her down on a bed and spank her!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you
may deal with her as you like. And then, spank me.
VARIOUS GIRLS: And spank me.
And me.
And me.
DINGO: Yes, yes, you must give us all a good spanking!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!

Anonymous said...

You know, I actually have a really old copy of that first issue of Thor. Not as wacky as the cover promised.