Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cryin'-in-our-Beerin', Man-Talkin', 18 Cent-Dressin' Thursday!

I dare YOU to read every word of Matt's inner dialogue from Daredevil v1 #76:


Jumpin' Jimmy Swaggart on a pogo stick, willya shaddap??? Matt has become THAT guy: You know, the guy who gets dumped by some chick and won't let it go? I used to be that guy a lot when I was single....

But geez, I've heard less blather in those movies they show during the day on Lifetime. Did Karen take his scrotum with her when she left?

Heh, heh.... scrotum.

Meanwhile, one issue earlier:


Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! You're on a need-to-know basis, woman, and you don't need to know. Why don't you smack her one upside the head for good measure?


In my salad days, I certainly was not above going to consignment shops or thrift stores for cheap clothing. But, for the life of me, I cannot understand why they would advertise this in a publication geared for eleven year-old boys.

I'm going to see if these folks are still in business. If so, I know where Beloved's next birthday present is coming from.....

A little tease: Starting Monday, a two-day look at the Holy Grail of horrible comics.

5 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

What YEAR is that dress add from? 1886?!?

SallyP said...

Wow! Even from 1886, that's cheap!

And yes, Daredevil annoys me because he's just so bloody WHINEY! No wonder all his girlfriends either turn to crack ot die...they'll do anything to shut up the moaning.

Pere Ubu said...

"the Holy Grail of horrible comics"?

Whew, I'm waiting to see what that could be. Thor #499? Kitty Pryde & Wolverine? Tarot: Witch Of The Black Rose? Pre-Fetal Annoying Irradiated Knockoff Mid-90s B&W Comic Characters? Identity Crisis?

Adam Barnett said...

Oh, those are great, pere (although I admit, I enjoyed Identity Crisis). But, no... as awful as Kitty Pryde & Wolverine was, I found something even worse.

Anonymous said...

Ye gads! But they were efficient with their storytelling back in the old days. Can you imagine seeing a scene like that in a comic written in 2008? That internal monologue alone would take an entire issue, to say nothing of the fight sequence.