Friday, March 14, 2008

Vice-Ridden Friday!


You know, it's bad enough when the Legion has to put signs on the meeting table to remind each other what their names are, but these annotated versions are even worse. Are they so insecure that they have to put their justification for being there right under their names?

I belong here! I do! My power is "super-disguise!"

Well, you can't have my seat! I have "super radiance!"

What is "super radiance" supposed to be? You glow in the dark or something? That's a pretty lame super-power!

It's enough to keep this seat warm, Mr. "Super-Bouncing!"

Um.... my name is "Lightning Lad," so isn't the "Super Lightning" part a bit redundant? It's not like my name has no relationship to my ability like Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl.

Screw you, Lightning Lad!

Well, seriously, what the heck does "Saturn Girl" mean? Do you have rings of rocks and gas circling around you all the time, or what?


And so on. You see what I mean?

It's just me, isn't it? I thought so.....
________________________________


Sun Boy - shill for the tobacco industry. Unlit tobacco is like a song that's never been sung! Keep 'em lit, the Legion way!
_________________________________


I'm not sure the FBI won't come calling if you do this. The open-mouthed profile, the expression on the kid's face, the promise that you'll "see what the boys and girls in America love to do".... it just sounds like you're asking to be on a sexual offender registry in your region. Stick with the Fudge Judge.

Yay! Fudge Judge! :

5 comments:

De said...

The Legion really needed someone with super fudge powers. He could team up with Sun Boy for all sorts of hilarious pranks.

SallyP said...

Oh, so Cosmic Boy is ORDERING Saturn Girl to read their minds? How'bout if Saturn Girl turns around and gives Cosmic Boy a big smack in the nose?

"choke!"

Chance said...

I was going to say what sally said. What a dick that Cosmic Boy is.

I may not comment here often, but I read a lot, and I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this blog. You're a very funny guy.

Anonymous said...

The person I would feel worst for is the one who doesn't have "super" on his sign at all.

"Let's see, you're (reads placard) Howard and your power is... accountancy? Not... super-accountancy?"

"No, I'm just really good at math."

"Not... super-good?"

"Do you want your taxes done or not?"

mwb said...

I don't think it was that story but in another one with Invisible Kid and his sign says "Super Invisibility."

Which totally made me scratch my head. You're invisible or you're not. How do you get to be super-invisible?