Wednesday, July 25, 2007

For Webcomics Creators

Dear Ones,

It has occurred to me that if I really like a product that might be of interest to you, I should at least say so and give you the chance to check it out. First off, I'm a big fan of Firefox. It's the browser I really use, and here's why: I have found it works just as well as Internet Explorer without the security risks. They aren't paying me to say that. I just think it works better and I want you to know.

I am going to be looking at revamping "The Procrastinator" column over at panel2panel.com. If all goes well, I plan on making it more in the form of a comic strip, *if* thems who make the software agree to let me use it that way. Regardless, I know a lot of folks here are webcomics creators, so I'm going to review the software and let you know what I think.

So, what is it? It's called Comic Creator 2.0, and it's debuting at the big Comic Con in San Diego. It makes a lot of promises, including the use of embedded applications like Audacity to add sound and animation. I'm a big fan of Audacity, so they have enough sense to incorporate good software. So, in addition to sound effects bubbles, you theoretically can incorporate sound effects. The whole idea is to take webcomics to the next level by implimenting the multimedia aspects of the PC (particularly Windows Vista), rather than just showing flat drawings. It could be very interesting. Anyone seeing it at the Comic Con can post their own thoughts in the comments.

I'll let you know what I think.

No comments: